Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hunting Adventure at Triange, Pahang - Part 1

Hi Everyone

I travelled 358 kilometres to Triang, Pahang, caught 5 very very good sized Fs and is now safely home with my 5 foreign talents.
I was there from 02/12/10 to 05/12/10 with my family to visit my friend Ken and his family. Here is a photo of err... a sign post that says Triang.
 
















I stayed with Ken, a very good friend of close to 20 years, ken. He is Triang's exspiderking as well as Triang's version of Golden hands.

On 02/12/10 evening was my first FS hunt. We took a small motorbike to a small plot about 300 metres from where we stayed. It was a small garden with sugar cane, pandan leaves, some unknown vegatables and lots of mosquitos. Ken used the traditional kop method and caught 3 rather small FS. Alamak, all the way here just to catch Fs of this size????. Ken assured me that there would be bigger ones and that we would hunt early tomorow morning.

03/12/10: 7.30am, ken and his 8 year old son was ready to hunt. We took the small motorbike and went to small spots around his neighbbourhood, ken, like me had not hunted for more than 30 years. The environment is totally different from SG. Over in SG, I would look for CB leaves, but there, they don even have CB leaves. They had an Fs environment perhaps like what SG was 50 years ago...small houses with small plots of land and all sorts of vegatables and fruits. The drains does not have any cement base and was at best loosely dug. These plots were often overwhelmed with very fierce battalions of mosquitos, by the thousands. As we rode in the nice morning fresh air, I was fascinated by the number of swallow birds flying about, stray dogs lazily walking, birds chirping, in particular Or Pek (magpie) birds, see Kar Chua and snakes too. We were essentially in a small town deep in Pahang where everyone knows each other or are related to each other.

Anyway, the first FS of considerable size, FS No. 1 was caught at this plot of land:-
 















We were there about 8.10am. I was not mentally prepared for the aggreesive mosquitos who were biting every inch of my body. This was despite havin sprayed generously the best repellant Beach Road army goods store could offer. Then ken gave a shout to me, big one, big one. Hidden at the right side of the tree ..about 2 metres were some hidden dumbcane leaves. I looked into the leaves and was shocked to see such big arms stretching out and the Fs actually staring, no..glaring at me. It was BIG. Then my months of Fs experience comes in handy, decision time ...to use a NTUC plastic bag, Bro Ura's giant ziplock bag or a flexible soft long net bag Mrs Exspiderking gave me. I chose the net and cut the leaves in the net. FS No.1 was accordingly caught.
















When FS no. 1 was walking in the net, I could not believe my eyes, here was a Fs bigger than any that I have caught and it was in my net. I managed to transfer it safely to my plastic container. Ken looked at the Fs and proclaimed that it was quite big and something he was use to. This was the first of my 5 FS. It was caught at the spot as shown in the picture above.

Then we happily proceed to our next spot.....

(to be continued)

*** Contributed by ExSpiderKing ***

0 comments: